My husband is not a big fan of my homeopathic remedies. But I prefer to use natural means to get rid of slight ailments or to aid whatever pills we have to take in.
I learned recently that this specific oregano is most useful for colds. This is different from the oregano herb used in cooking. The leaves are quite aromatic and have a furry texture. Although I haven't tried it, I'm going to cultivate this plant in our garden and when the time comes that we have the colds, I will make this into tea.
One version I heard of, is to pound the leaves and mix it with rice washing and make it into tea. While I can't imagine the taste, I think I'll just pound the leaves and steep it in hot water. And maybe add some honey?
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Natural Cold Remedy
Posted by PM at 6:36 PM
Labels: around the garden, natural remedies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment