Over the weekend I tried out freshly juiced fruit and vegetable shakes. I don't normally like the taste of vegetable juice, but I "bravely" bought a large cup. I felt "healthy" just drinking that juice! It had romaine lettuce, ginger, bananas and pineapple. It was fibrous, but overall, the taste was good.
This morning, I've been searching the internet for some recipes so I can prepare some at home, especially over the Lenten holidays. Time to cut down on the soda and recharge with some home made (and preferably organic) juice. While some veggies that are used in many recipes seem unappetizing to me (think red beets, parsley, radish), there are still so many vegetables that can be mixed with fruit to come up with a yummy shake. I plan to make a shake with romaine lettuce, carrots, cucumber, celery and ginger. Of course, not all those veggies in 1 shake.
I'm still looking for recipes and I'll try to experiment this week. If I'm able to successfully make a yummy shake, it will be posted here for sure.
Monday, March 29, 2010
Vegetable Juice
Posted by PM at 1:16 PM
Labels: fruits and veggies, healthy living
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment