CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Decluttering One Step At A Time

I've read all there is to read on decluttering. All the tips and tricks, but of course it all boils down to actually going through your things and setting aside what's to be thrown out and what's to be kept. And this has to be a part of your routine, otherwise clutter will just pile up again.

We're in between bazaars now and I've got a bit of free time, so here's my game plan:

1. Work one area at a time. Like last night, I worked on the foyer for around 5 minutes. I only did an initial sweep of the huge pile of bills and letters. I will be more thorough tonight.
2. Weed through all the papers and bills, throw or file the papers. Best if you have the trashcan beside you.
3. For every 1 item we bring into the house, 2 items must be thrown out.
4. Don't tackle everything in 1 day. Do some decluttering and organizing in 5, 10 or 15 minute sessions. Small steps...

Hopefully, this week, I can accomplish a lot.

0 comments: