I've been overexerting my body once more and when I got caught in a bit of rain last week, I developed an itchy throat which worsened to a sore throat. And eventually led to a cough.
My usual remedy for this is salabat (or ginger tea). I prefer it over medicine like lozenges and it does the trick. After 1 day of drinking it after my meals, my throat was itch free.
I prefer to make my own tea from scratch instead of buying the powder version found in the groceries. I just slice some ginger and heat it up with a cup of water. After a few minutes, I pour the brew into my cup and add a teaspoon of honey. Honey, after all, does wonders for the voice, as well.
Not many like to drink salabat. When I was a kid, I drank it like medicine, but now, I just take it like regular tea. It's cheaper and best of all, it's natural.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Ginger Tea
Posted by PM at 2:51 PM
Labels: natural remedies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment