CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 29, 2010

Itching to Decorate The House

I’m quite obsessed now with decorating our home. This was how I felt when we had just newly built our house. Over the holidays, I had some free time and for some reason, I browsed through several interior design magazines. And I felt that I had not tended much to our home because of our business, so while it’s not bazaar season yet, I will take advantage of the time to tidy up our home and spruce it up a bit.

I've already taken off all the upholstery in the living room and brought it to the laundry cleaners. With a toddler at home, our couches tend to easily look so unkempt and dirty. I've also disposed of some old Alice Blue candles. After awhile, they turn icky and they haven't even gone halfway down. I've also disposed of some clutter that made it's way to our foyer table. Now, when I get home, I love looking at how neat it is.

I’ve started moving knick knacks around the house, taken down a few accessories and bought some new ones. I also bought one of those small indoor plants which just need watering once a week and placed it in our guest bathroom. I plan to get a couple more for the master's bedroom if the one I got doesn't die on me. On our recent trip to Vietnam, I bought table runners to replace the old ones we bought from Shanghai a couple years ago, salad servers made of carabao horn and incense holders made of marble. I got these, not because I like incense, but I just fell in love with the intricate detail and carvings. Of course, a trip to Vietnam would not be complete without lacquer ware, so we got a set of trays.

During my lunchbreak today, I got frames to display some photos. I’ve also selected some photos for printing and hopefully I find the time this weekend for this mini project of mine. I was inspired when we visited the home of the hubby’s cousin. Every table in the living room had framed photos and it looked so nice. It didn’t appear cluttered at all.

I'll take pics of my latest purchases and post it next time.

0 comments: