
De-cluttering is a never ending and vicious cyle. I do the rounds of the house, picking up things, putting it in their proper place or dumping them into a box for further scrutiny (i.e. to keep or discard). How I wish I can keep my home looking picture perfect all the time, if that can't happen, I wish I had more closet space where I can hide all my things.
Then a sale happens and I bring in more clothes/shoes/bags/kitchen/bathroom things. You know the rule about organizing, for every 1 item you bring in, chuck 1 item out. That's never the case with me. Every once in awhile, we hold a garage sale. But the last one we had didn't do as well as the other sales. So I had to bring in all the unsold items again. And it gets to me because it's all lying scattered on the floor, although kept in boxes or bags. It's an eyesore.
So I called up a contact of mine who carts away all the unwanted things and holds a garage sale once a year and the proceeds go to the tuition fees of needy children. It's a win-win situation.
I'm now in the process of weeding out my closet, including the little girl's closet. The little girl recently got new toys, so I need to discard some of her old ones. I've already filled up 4 huge plastic bags and there are more coming. Hopefully, I finish this mini project by this weekend. If only the husband would cooperate, as well. He's the one who's a pack rat so anything he gives would be a great help as it would free up a lot of space at home.
*image from bandelle.com
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Never Ending Cycle
Posted by PM at 10:27 AM
Labels: organizing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment