CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 20, 2009

The Big Squeeze



Whenever I cook a dish that requires some lemons, I do not discard the fruit after I’ve squeezed it.

Sometimes there’s still some juice left to squeeze into my glass of water to make some lemon water or to prevent peeled apples or potatoes from turning brown. Other times, I use it for cleaning the bathrooms especially on the chrome fixtures. Once in awhile, I use it to clean and sanitize my wooden chopping board. I also use it to clean my face.

There’s another trick that I haven’t tried and it’s to squeeze some lemon to the boiling water when cooking rice. This prevents rice from sticking together into one sticky glob.

But no matter what, I always rub the lemon on my hands then rinse off with water. I love how fresh my hands smell after and it does leave a lasting scent too.

0 comments: