CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 13, 2009

Chicken Stir Fry


This is a quick and easy dish to do, especially on weeknights. I can't remember the exact proportions of the ingredients, I just usually eyeball everything and season according to my taste.

Ingredients
chicken fillets, cubed
onions
garlic
chili
2 tbsp thai fish sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
4 tbsp water
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1 cup basil leaves (packed)

Heat up some oil, saute the onions, garlic and chili. Throw in the chicken pieces and fry until golden brown. Mix the thai fish sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and water together. Pour the mixture onto the chicken. When almost done, add the basil leaves.

Serve with rice. By the way, when I made this, I bought enough chicken to feed 5 people.

When I made this at home, the husband liked it very much. And to prove that he isn't biased, I brought some leftovers for my lunch at work the following day. It was a hit among my officemates, as well.

0 comments: